Andrew de Vries – Manager, Indigenous Opportunities and Government Relations, Tolko Industries Ltd., Vernon, B.C. – receives FPAC Member of the Year Award
As National Forest Week is celebrated across the country, Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC) is seizing the opportunity to announce the recipients of its annual Awards of Excellence program – which recognizes the outstanding men and women across Canada who have made exceptional contributions to the forest sector and to forestry communities.
“The FPAC Awards of Excellence program is the moment where we pay tribute to the remarkable people who help make our sector a world leader in sustainable forest management, and who advance the many environmental, social, and economic benefits of Canadian forestry,” said FPAC President and CEO Derek Nighbor.
“As we push through the pandemic and continue our transition to a low-carbon economy, Canada’s forest products sector is proud to honour the dedicated professionals who strengthen the benefits that sustainable forest management, forest products, and family-supporting forestry jobs provide to Canadians from coast-to-coast.”
Through the Awards of Excellence program, FPAC salutes the hardworking individuals and community partners who make a difference in Canada’s forest products sector every day.
FPAC’s 2021 Awards of Excellence recipients include:
- Mark Joron – Woodlands Supervisor, EACOM Timber Corporation, Timmins, Ontario
- Senator Diane Griffin – Chair, Standing Senate Committee on Agriculture and Forestry
- Outland Youth Employment Program (OYEP)
- Earth Rangers
- Amber Armstrong – Manager, Communications and Stakeholder Relations, Mercer International Inc., Peace River, Alberta
- Andrew de Vries – Manager, Indigenous Opportunities and Government Relations, Tolko Industries Ltd., Vernon, British Columbia
- Agoke Development Corporation, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Kianna Bear-Hetherington – Stewardship Technician Intern, Nature Trust of New Brunswick. St. Mary’s First Nation, Fredericton, New Brunswick.
- Tristian Flood – Woodlands Summer Student, EACOM Timber Corporation. Matachewan First Nation, Kirkland Lake, Ontario.
- Krystle Leigh-Ann Hill – Greenhouse Assistant, Kayanase Ecological Restoration Centre. Six Nations Reserve of Grand River, Brantford, Ontario.
- Fabian Glowalla – Manager, Energy and Innovation, Mercer Celgar Pulp, Castlegar, British Columbia
- Janet Lane – Sustainable Forestry Team Leader, Domtar Corporation, Dryden, Ontario
- Marc Bédard – Vice-President Forestry, Resolute Forest Products, Montreal, Quebec
- Kristin Dangelmaier – Manager, Technical, Quality & Environment, Domtar Corporation, Kamloops, British Columbia
- Aaron DesLauriers – Land Management Supervisor, Mercer Peace River, Alberta
- Nikki Stein – Newsmill Shift Superintendent, Resolute Forest Products, Thunder Bay, Ontario
To learn more about FPAC’s Awards of Excellence recipients, please visit: https://www.fpac.ca/