GONZO OKANAGAN – WRITER GUIDELINES
GO! MUSIC, FILM, ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT, TECHNOLOGY, SPORTS, FASHION, SCIENCE, TOURISM, CULTURE…LIFE!
GONZO OKANAGAN is a bold and daring arts and entertainment media, devoted to uncovering the real face of Canada’s Music, Film, Technology, Sports, Arts & Entertainment and Cultural Communities. Written with grit, sarcasm, and humour. Dedicated to the support and perpetuation of Canadian Artists, Film Organizations, Cultural Advocates and beyond!
We accept articles on a wide range of subjects. All freelance writers must pitch their articles to the publisher or content manager prior to submission. All in-house writers will be given a schedule for submissions. All articles must be original and unpublished.
Submissions must be made by email, attached as a Microsoft Word Document. All submissions are on speculation only and publication is not guaranteed. Publication is dependent on the quality of writing.
LENGTH & FORMAT
• The preferred article length is from 500 to 700 words, longer articles must be cleared by the publisher or content manager.
• Include a title and always include your name, address, phone number, e-mail, word count, and available rights at the top of the first page of your story.
• Include at the end of your article, your bio (if not previously submitted), photo captions with name of file, sources, and (if any) interview contacts.
• We use only Canadian spelling, leave only one-character space between sentences. Leave one line space between paragraphs.
• Do not format your article which means; no paragraph indentions, no inserted photos, no fancy fonts, no tables, no columns, etc.
VISUAL MATERIAL (PHOTOS)
Please include only high quality, visual material for your article. Photographs, sketches, maps, historical documents etc. should be sharp and well lit. We prefer that digital images be sent at original size with no cropping, adjustments or re-sampling. Scans must be submitted at no less than 300dpi. Photos should be sent attached, via email, with your article. If you are sending multiple large photos we invite you to use wetransfer.com. We request 1 or 2 photos per article. You may take your own photos, request photos from the content source, or use a media commons outlet such as https://commons.wikimedia.org/ Please include photo credits with each photo.
We do not pay for photos or any other supporting visual material.
Articles between 500 and 700 words are paid .10 cents CANADIAN per word. All articles over 700 words must be cleared with the publisher or content manager. There is a pay cap at 1000 words. Once your article is published, you may send your invoice to the publisher for payment.