Samsung Raises the Bar with Galaxy S10:
More Screen, Cameras and Choices
Celebrating a decade since the launch of the first Galaxy S, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. introduces a new line of premium smartphones: Galaxy S10. With three unique devices, the Galaxy S10 line is engineered to meet the distinct needs of today’s smartphone market, so consumers can do more of what they love. Each device delivers a next-generation experience in the categories consumers care about most: groundbreaking innovations in display, camera and performance.
A testament to a decade of innovations, Galaxy S10 is designed for those who want a premium smartphone with powerful performance and sets the stage for the next generation of mobile experiences. For consumers looking for a supercharged device, Galaxy S10+ takes every spec – from display, to camera, to performance – to the next level. Galaxy S10e is built for those who want all the premium essentials in a compact package on a flat screen. Featuring the all-new Dynamic AMOLED display, next-generation camera, and intelligent performance, the Galaxy S10 line offers consumers more choices and sets a new standard for the smartphone.
“Since its launch ten years ago, the Galaxy S series has stood for premium innovation – offering consumers an incredible experience, and the ability to find the device that’s right for them,” said DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics. “Galaxy S10 builds on that incredible legacy, and delivers breakthrough display, camera, and performance innovations. With our new premium devices, each built for a unique consumer in mind, Samsung is leveraging a decade of industry leadership to usher in a new era of smartphone technology.”
Introducing the Dynamic AMOLED Display: Full Screen Experience with Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
Galaxy S10 is made with Samsung’s best screen yet, the world’s first Dynamic AMOLED display. As the first HDR10+-certified smartphone, the display delivers vivid digital content, and with dynamic tone mapping, you’ll see a wide range of colour for a brilliant, realistic picture. Galaxy S10’s Dynamic AMOLED display produces vibrant bright colours1 and extraordinary contrast ratio on a mobile device for even deeper blacks and brighter whites.
Verified by DisplayMate, you’ll also enjoy exceptionally accurate colours on your mobile device3– even in harsh sunlight. What’s more, the Dynamic AMOLED display also reduces blue light through its TÜV Rheinland-certified Eye Comfort display4 without compromising picture quality or adding a filter.
The result of a groundbreaking engineering process, Galaxy S10’s unique Infinity-O Display packs an array of sensors and camera technology into a hole-in display – so you can maximize your screen real estate without any distractions.
Galaxy S10’s Dynamic AMOLED display also includes the first-ever in-display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor5 that reads the 3D contours of your physical thumbprint – not a 2D image of it – for improved anti-spoofing. With FIDO Alliance Biometric Component certification, this next generation biometrics authentication offers vault-like security that only you can unlock.
Building on Samsung’s camera leadership of Dual Pixel and Dual Aperture firsts, Galaxy S10 introduces new camera technology and advanced intelligence that makes it easy to take epic shots and videos:
- Ultra-Wide Lens: A first for the S Series, Galaxy S10 offers an Ultra-Wide Lens with a 123-degree field of view, like the human eye, so what you see is what’s in frame. Perfect for impressive landscape shots, big panoramas and even fitting the entire extended family into the photo, the Ultra-Wide Lens ensures that you’ll always be able to capture the full scene.
- Super Steady & High-Quality Video Recording: Galaxy S10 offers Super Steady recording with digital stabilization technology. Whether you’re dancing in the middle of an amazing concert or trying to record every detail of a bumpy bike ride, Super Steady allows you to capture the moment. Both front and rear cameras can shoot in up to UHD quality, and in an industry first, the rear camera gives you the flexibility to record in HDR10+.
- AI Camera: Galaxy S10 makes already smart features more accurate with a Neural Processing Unit (NPU) so you can get pro-grade shots worth sharing without having to manually select any advanced camera settings. Scene Optimizer can now recognize and more accurately process additional scenes because of the NPU. And with Shot Suggestion, Galaxy S10 offers automatic composition recommendations so you can frame your photo better.
Intelligent Performance Features to Help You Get the Most Out of Your Phone
Galaxy S10 is built with premium hardware and machine-learning-based software that works hard, so you don’t have to. From brand new power sharing capabilities to AI-powered performance enhancement and Intelligent Wi-Fi, Galaxy S10 is Samsung’s most intelligent device yet, from the inside out.
- Wireless PowerShare7: Samsung introduces Wireless PowerShare on Galaxy S10, making it possible to easily charge Qi-certified smartphones and even compatible wearable devices. In addition, Galaxy S10 is capable of charging itself and a second device simultaneously via Wireless PowerShare8, while connected to a regular charger, enabling you to leave your second charger at home while on a trip.
- Intelligent Performance: The new AI software on the Galaxy S10 automatically optimizes battery, CPU, RAM, and even device temperature based on how you use your phone, and continues to learn and get better over time. Leveraging AI-capabilities, Galaxy S10 also learns how you use your device to launch your most frequently used apps faster.
- Intelligent Wi-Fi: Galaxy S10 comes with Intelligent Wi-Fi that allows for an uninterrupted and safer connection by seamlessly switching between Wi-Fi and LTE, as well as alerting you of potentially risky Wi-Fi connections. Galaxy S10 also supports the new Wi-Fi 6 standard, making better Wi-Fi performance possible when connected to a compatible router.
- Bixby Routines: On Galaxy S10, Bixby automates your routines and provides personalized recommendations to make your life easy. With pre-set and personalized routines, such as Driving and Before Bed routines, which are customized based on your habits, Galaxy S10 makes things simpler by automatically reducing device touches and cutting steps out of your day.
The Best Comes Standard: Galaxy Foundation and Next Level Ecosystem
The Galaxy S10 line offers everything you have come to expect from the Galaxy S series and more—including Fast Wireless Charging 2.0, IP68 water and dust resistance10, a next-generation processor and Samsung services like Bixby, Samsung Health, Samsung Pay and Samsung DeX. You will get the largest storage capacity available on a Galaxy device – the S10+ even comes with 1TB of built-in storage11 — and the ability to add an additional 512GB microSD card for up to 1.5TB of total storage.
- Speed: Galaxy S10 gives you the capability to access next-generation Wi-Fi 613, which gives you prioritized and faster access14 over other users in crowded areas, like an airport. Experience lightning fast LTE for downloading and browsing capabilities.
- Gaming: Engineered for the best possible gaming experience, Galaxy S10 is built with AI-based on-device gaming performance optimization software and premium hardware including Dolby Atmos for gaming mode and a vapor chamber cooling system. Galaxy S10 is also the first mobile device to be optimized for games created on the Unity platform.
- Security: Galaxy S10 is built with defense-grade Samsung Knox, as well as a secure storage backed by hardware, which houses your private keys for blockchain-enabled mobile services.
Galaxy S10 Availability & Pre-Ordering
Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e will be available in Canada in three colours: Prism White, Prism Black and Prism Blue. The Galaxy S10+ will also be available in two all-new premium Ceramic models: Ceramic Black and Ceramic White.
In Canada, the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e will be available in stores and online beginning March 8, 2019. Pricing starts at $1,019.99 for Galaxy S10e, $1,259.99 for Galaxy S10 and $1,419.99 for Galaxy S10+.
Pre-orders for the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e run from February 20 to March 7, 2019.
Customers who pre-order the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ or Galaxy S10e at Samsung Experience Stores, Samsung.com/ca or at select carrier and retailer partners until March 7, 2019 and trade-in their old device, will receive up to $200 off their purchase in addition to the value of their trade-in device.
At select Canadian carriers, customers will instead receive bonus Galaxy Buds when they pre-order a Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+ or a Wireless Charger when they pre-order a Galaxy S10e until March 7, 2019.17 Customers are only eligible for The Trade-In Program or the Gift With Purchase as determined by Samsung Experience Store, Samsung.com/ca, or select carrier and retailer partners. Terms and conditions will vary by participating carrier and retailer partner.
For more information about Galaxy S10, visit www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-s10. You can also pre-order a device today from https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-s10/buy.