Restoring Confidence for Diners
in BC Restaurants is just
a poster in the window away
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed what dining looks like for restaurateurs and consumers – but not all British Columbians know what to look for as signs of a good operator. That’s where the Restoring Confidence App comes in. Being launched this week, the Restoring Confidence App allows businesses to showcase their COVID-19 Safety Plan and their commitment to the core principals of a COVID-safe restart.
Businesses apply to be part of the program for free. They register their business and provide contact information and upload their COVID-19 safety plan. Once the application is complete, the operator is able to download and print a custom local business poster that they can mount in their front window. At the top of each poster, the business highlights the core tenants of their COVID-19 response and their compliance with Dr. Bonnie Henry’s Public Health Orders (PHOs).
“This is a program we’ve believed in since we began to talk about reopening in May. It’s essential to helping customers understand the steps that operators are taking to keep them safe and to investing in a safe recovery. This launch is much awaited and will be important for operators to sign up and show they are dedicated to following best practices outlined in the PHOs,” says Ian Tosteston, president and CEO of the BC Restaurant and Foodservices Association. We are pleased to be actively working with the B.C. government on this aspect of their Stronger BC for Everyone, Economic Recovery Plan.”
For consumers, the poster serves as a uniform symbol in a window that a business has committed to creating and sharing their COVID-19 Safety Plan. It’s a simple way to connect customers with compliance.
B.C. restaurants, pubs, wineries and breweries have been among the hardest hit sectors by COVID-19. The 2-month closure combined with new and changing protocols have had a profound impact on day to day operations. Many businesses are struggling to get by as they restore their teams and set up their businesses differently to create physical distance, to limit party size (currently 6) and keep parties separated. The Restoring Confidence App is core to connecting consumers and operators in a mutual understanding and rebuilding customer relationships in the COVID-19 period.
The uniformity of having this tool in businesses across the province will help consumers understand what ‘safe’ looks like. Follow @BCRFA and @BCTastesBetter as we share the latest updates and promotions of restaurants that are working hard to #StandupforService, #StayStafe and #BuildBackBetter.
How it works:
- Businesses apply to be part of the Restoring Confidence Program through a simple-to-use online form. Businesses must:
- Provide basic business and contact information (multiple locations possible within the same application);
- Upload an up-to-date COVID-19 safety plan (PDF preferred);
- Agree to core statements that summarize the core principals required by the PHO to tackle the pandemic.
- Upon completing the application, the system will generate a custom Local Business Poster, with a QR code for printing on a standard printer (8.5 x 11 paper).
- Once printed, the business should post the custom poster in an easy-to-see location in their business, like a front window.
- Once in the window, consumers can easily scan the QR code using their smartphone to view the business’s COVID-19 safety plan.
- If a customer has a question about the program or a business’s compliance during the 2 month launch period, they can call or email the BCRFA for help line service: 604.669.2239 or email@example.com.