Airline adds two new transborder destinations from Calgary and a new route between Edmonton and St. John’s
Today, WestJet announced its 2019 summer schedule adding more than 40 flights to and from key business and tourism destinations from Toronto, Halifax, St. John’s, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
In addition, the airline added Portland, Ore., and Austin, Texas to WestJet’s network and announced a new route between Edmonton and St. John’s.
“This summer, WestJet again enhanced our schedules to offer travellers more convenience and connectivity to well-loved vacation destinations and major business markets across Canada, the U.S. and beyond,” said Arved von zur Muehlen, WestJet Chief Commercial Officer. “With the addition of Austin and Portland this summer and a new route between St. John’s and Edmonton, we continue to create convenient ways to enjoy unique and interesting travel opportunities while supporting strong economic ties. We look forward to connecting friends, families and economies across the country and world this summer.”
“We’re pleased to welcome WestJet to the PDX family,” said David Zielke, Director of Air Service Development, Portland International Airport. “The airline’s daily nonstop service to Calgary offers Portland and southwest Washington travellers another convenient connection to Canada.”
“A love of the great outdoors is shared by Calgary and Central Texans,” said Jim Smith, Executive Director, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. “We look forward to those in Calgary enjoying Austin style fun and we thank WestJet for connecting us to fun in a cooler climate.”
As part of WestJet’s 2019 summer schedule, the new non-stop daily service between Calgary International Airport (YYC) and Portland International Airport (PDX), along with twice-weekly service to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) will begin April 29 and May 2 respectively. Additionally, WestJet also announced a new three times weekly route between Edmonton International Airport (YEG) and St. John’s (YYT) starting July 2.
This summer, WestJet will operate over 750 daily flights in peak summer to 92 destinations including 42 in Canada, 23 in the United States, 27 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, and five in Europe.
The schedule also includes previously announced service to Atlanta, Ga., and Barcelona, Spain along with non-stop service to London (Gatwick), Paris and Dublin from Calgary on its Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners.
Highlights of WestJet’s 2019 summer schedule include:
- Calgary-Houston, from 12 weekly flights to 13 weekly flights.
- Calgary-London (Gatwick), adding two weekly flights with daily 787 Dreamliner service.
- Calgary-Orlando, from once weekly to twice weekly.
- Calgary-Phoenix, will double service from once daily to twice daily.
- Calgary-Puerto Vallarta, from three times weekly to four times weekly.
- Calgary-San Diego, from three times weekly to four times weekly.
- Calgary-San Francisco, will double service from once daily to twice daily.
- Calgary-Kitchener, from seven weekly flights to eight weekly flights.
- New non-stop three times weekly service between Edmonton and St. John’s.
- Edmonton-Halifax, from nine weekly flights to 10 weekly flights.
- Toronto-Nashville, from seven weekly flights to 10 weekly flights.
- Toronto-Grand Cayman, will double service from once weekly to twice weekly.
- Toronto-Kingston, from three weekly flights to four times weekly.
- Toronto-Liberia, will double service from once weekly to twice weekly.
- Toronto-Montego Bay, from 11 weekly flights to 12 weekly flights.
- Toronto-Nassau from six to seven times weekly.
Toronto-Saint Maarten, will double service from once weekly to twice weekly.
- Toronto-Halifax, adding five weekly flights for seven-times daily service Monday to Friday.
- Toronto-Charlottetown, adding two weekly flights.
Toronto-London, from two times daily to three times daily.
- Extension of existing once weekly winter seasonal service between Vancouver and Orlando.
- Halifax-Winnipeg, from four weekly flights to five times weekly.
- Halifax-Edmonton, from nine weekly flights to 10 weekly flights.
- Halifax-Toronto, adding five weekly flights for seven-times daily service Monday to Friday.
For more information on new routes and increased frequencies in WestJet’s 2018/2019 summer schedule, please visit westjet.com/flight-schedules-new