Welcome to the singles club:
The top 22 single releases of 2022
By Shane Collins
Writing for GONZO OKANAGAN allows unique perks. Access to exciting shows, photographing those shows and sometimes even having friendly conversations with those artists.
Another fun part of this gig is having my ear to the pavement and getting to listen to so much incredible music. It seems that 2022 has been a year of excellent music production. From those artists close to home to music being created across the planet.
Twenty-twenty-two has birthed an endless expanse of music and over the past year, some of that music has crossed my path. In the spirit of sharing, I’ve set aside 22 of my favorite single releases that have caught my attention.
The great thing about the ‘single release,’ is that it’s like a sample. A little taster. Something to enjoy before the main course arrives and with the technology of today, I have updates coming at me constantly of what’s new and what’s fresh coming out of the proverbial oven.
If you have SPOTIFY, you can connect to the link here.
If not and if you’d like to see this selection, I’ve written them down below. Happy Holidays, everyone. Turn it up and rock it out. See you in 2023!
SHANES SINGLE SELECTION OF 2022
- ERIC HILTON: Present Past and Future
- MONSS: Flute
- THE TRADE-OFFS: Crowberry Hill
- THE BLUE STONES: Don’t Miss
- ALEXISONFIRE: Sans Soleil
- THE FUNK HUNTERS: La Puta Ama
- PROTEST THE HERO: All Hands (Instrumental)
- VALLEY OF THE SUN: The Chariot
- MOTORAMA: Tomorrow
- HOT WATER MUSIC: Collect your things and run
- GOJIRA: Our time is now
- MOONTRICKS: Parting Ways
- BEN HARPER: Need to know basis
- CLEOPATRICK: Scaring me
- JEN GRANT, KIM HARRIS: Judy
- SERENA RYDER, WILLIAM PRINCE: River of tears
- JON VINYL: FTU
- CONNIE CONSTANCE: Hurt you
- OVERCOATS: Horsegirl
- WEYES BLOOD: Grapevine
- BOOZOO BAJOU: The Signature
- CROSSES: One more try