The Vancouver Sun Run presented by Ford Sunday, April 23 Road closure advisory
Vancouver (April 21, 2017) – Sunday’s big race gets underway at 9 a.m. and organizers for The Vancouver Sun Run would like to remind all participants and the general public of road closures occurring around the event. Road closures will be in effect between 5 a.m. until 1:30 p.m, Sunday, April 23rd. The complete schedule of road closures is listed below. For information regarding the 2017 Vancouver Sun Run presented by Ford visit vancouversunrun.com Downtown Vancouver Area – Georgia St
- Seymour St to Bute St (start area) – 5:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Bute to the Causeway (including all streets crossing Georgia) – 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Lions Gate Bridge: access from Pender only – 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Howe to Burrard from Dunsmuir to Robson – 5:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Denman St – Georgia to Robson – 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Robson St – west of Denman St to Stanley Park – 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Beach Avenue, Stanley Park to Hornby St. – 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Stanley Park Dr at North Lagoon Dr – 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Ryan Rd at Park Lane/South Lagoon Dr – 6:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Burrard St to Hornby (eastbound lanes) – 6:00 a.m. – 12 noon
- Burrard Bridge – closed to all traffic – 8:00 a.m. – 12 noon
- Cambie Bridge – closed to all northbound traffic – 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- West 2nd Avenue – Burrard St to Fir St – 8:30 a.m. – 12 noon
- Fir Street – West 2nd Ave to West 4th Ave – 8:30 a.m. – 12 noon
- W 4th Avenue/W 6th Avenue – Pine St to Cambie St – 8:30 a.m. – 12 noon
Cambie St at W Broadway
- closed to all northbound traffic – 7:30 a.m. – 12 noon
- East bound exit ramp from Cambie Bridge – 5:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Nelson St to Abbott St – 5:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Abbott St to Quebec St – 7:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Quebec, Abbott & Carrall Streets
- Closed to all traffic near Expo Boulevard and Pacific Boulevard – 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- From Quebec to Terry Fox Way – 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- From Expo to Pacific – 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Runners are encouraged to take transit to the race. For BC Transit information, please visit www.translink.ca/About the Vancouver Sun RunThe Vancouver Sun Run is Canada’s largest 10K road race and the 3rd largest timed 10K in North America. The Vancouver Sun Run is open to international elite competitors, recreational runners, joggers and walkers, wheelchair competitors, teams, schools and children.The 2017 Vancouver Sun Run Presented by Ford will be taking place on Sunday, April 23rd at 9:00 a.m. in downtown Vancouver. The 2.5K Shaw Mini Sun Run starts at 8 a.m. For more information, visit vancouversunrun.com or call 604-689-9441. Also follow the Vancouver Sun Run on Twitter at @VancouverSunRun, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/VancouverSunRun and follow on us on Instagram at instagram.com/vancouversunrun.About Ford Motor Company of Canada, LimitedFord of Canada’s operations include a national headquarters, three regional offices, three vehicle assembly and engine manufacturing plants, and two parts distribution centres. Ford employs more than 7,000 people in Canada, while an additional 18,000 people are employed in the more than 400 Ford and Ford-Lincoln dealerships across the country. For more information, please visit www.ford.ca.