The best laptop for every student in 2022
by Stefan Tasevski
If you are a student or a parent who’s shopping for a new laptop for their kid, you probably know that the pandemic brought a set of new challenges for students, raising the standard for what the best student laptop is.
Below, we are showing you the best student laptops in 2022 based on a variety of preferences and price ranges.
Laptops For Elementary School Students
Elementary school students are younger and therefore need a device that is easier to use than a keyboard and a touchpad. An iPad is always a good choice for kids joining meetings and playing around with the basic controls easy. But as they get older, the best laptop must be durable, and it’s good to have solid audio quality. Here are our choices.
1. Amazon Fire HD 10 Kids Edition: An affordable, colorful, and fast tablet with kid-friendly content
2. Lenovo Chromebook Duet: A small Chromebook with a detachable keyboard
3. Apple 10.2-inch iPad: The classic choice that comes with an Apple Pencil upgrade
4. Microsoft Surface Go 2: A solid laptop running on Windows and coming with a built-in kickstand
5. Google Pixelbook Go: If your budget allows it, this is a great option for all those looking for a sturdy touchscreen Chromebook
Laptops For High & Middle School Students
Middle and high school students don’t use their laptops for a lot more than web-based schoolwork and browsing, which is why a Chromebook is pretty much a standard choice. However, you can also consider the following.
1. HP Chromebook x360: Affordable laptop with great battery life
2. Lenovo Flex 3 Chromebook: Small and sturdy, ideal for students
3. Acer Aspire 5: A great laptop, especially if you want a 15-inch screen
4. Lenovo 300e: Coming with a stylus and can be used as both laptop and tablet
5. Microsoft Surface Laptop Go: Lightweight and attractive, a great Windows laptop
Laptops For College & Uni Students
For college and university students, the ideal laptop is one that is durable, has a good battery life, and is fairly lightweight and easy to move around. Here are our best recommendations:
1. Dell XPS 13: A sturdy and fast Windows laptop
2. Surface Laptop 4: Lightweight and comfortable to use, this is one of the best Windows laptops out there
3. iPad Air: The iPad Air has the advantage of being used both as a laptop and a tablet thanks to its detachable keyboard and plenty of other options
4. Acer Swift 3: Great performance packed in a lightweight case
5. MacBook Pro 13-inch: If they are in the Apple ecosystem, the MacBook Pro 13-inch laptop is always a good choice (lightweight, portable, great performance)