The KAL Pub is the last remaining original public house in Vernon.
Located in the historic Kalamalka Hotel which was built in 1892 by the residents of Vernon, the Kal’s name derives from a popular Indian Chief who bore the same name and lived at the head of Kalamalka Lake (then known as “Long Lake”).
Over the years, while the Kal has undergone a number of transformations, the Okanagan has become well known for its vineyards, ranches, breweries, distilleries, farms, and orchards. Here at The Kal we are proud to bring the best of the Okanagan to this special place, partnering with local producers and businesses to create comfort food we all love using the best ingredients. Here at the Kal, we are proud to offer you some of the best dishes in the Okanagan, with everything made in-house.
Try the Pizza at The Kal Pub!
Here are a few of our many previous live music events
- Dirt Road Kings
- Marci's Beach & Dirty Vern
- Kreepin' it Real Halloween Party
- Franks Fundraiser
- Marble Canyon
- Country Roots Feat. Les Copeland & Sonny
- Harry And The Gondalas
- Drag Strip Devils
- 2 Shadows, This Gun For Hire, Jeff Wenger
- Jason Elmore & The Hoodoo Witch
- Gary O'Neill
- Scarlet Sway w/ Gary Morissette and the Unknown Culprits
- Typical Underground + Shane Paul Coates